Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fashion From World Steam Expo

What my room looks like moments after arriving. Costume explosion!

Gail delighted to meet her own character alive and in person.

A close up of the lovely Alexia cosplay.

With fans on Friday night. For opening night I chose my fancy iridescent outfit, the one with the tea died blouse.

I also me a very Ivy hat. It reminded me very much of the work of Lilly Daché.

Lilly Daché; and Lilly Daché, 1950s  The Dorothea June Grossbart Historic Costume Collection

Steampunk parasol!

Speaking of parasols, I received this lovely parasol pin gift.
There was also octopus nail art!



The beautiful Miss World Steam 2012.

And just for fun: girls in mustaches!

Many more blogs to come, I'm running with a back log right now.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. HI! Miss Carriger, what do you think of this corset: http://draculaclothing.com/steampunk-octopus-corset-p-1355.html Isn't it simply prettyful? With octopus decoration!!!

    I would love to buy it, but I don't have anyone close to me who can tie corsets properly - or are willing to learn, and I can't tighten it as much as I want to by myself... Besides; should I ever dare to just buy one online, without trying it on?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.