Monday, October 15, 2012

NCIBA in Black & Green

Friday I made a brief appearance at the NCIBA.  (That's the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association.) I was going to wear the marigold cocktail dress, but as it was the evening in San Francisco I thought it might be too cold. Then I thought I might wear the forest green drape dress, but I thought that might be too hot inside the event.

 So I ended up choosing the black with green roses cocktail number.

Paired it with black (or black and green) accessories and my Timeless pumps.

I was delighted to see some familiar faces, and to meet new people. Writing a YA book opens up all sorts of new bookstores to a girl, and that was truly exciting.

It turns out the forest green would not have been too hot, because it was quite cold in the NCIBA room (and later out in SF). But I do love this dress, so in the end I'm happy I wore it. After NCIBA I infiltrated SF in SF to meet up with Ken Scholes & Andrew Mayer for some writer schmoozing.

Sadly, the dress may have died the good death for this one last appearance. The zipper went as I was undressing later that night. I don't do zippers, I just don't. So I am passing it off to the Mum to see if she can perhaps fix it over the winter months. We shall see.

 Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.