Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fall 2012 Fashion Round Up!

So, Fashionable Reader, you have waded through my thoughts on the matter of this seasons trends. I am going to found out the series with my final picks for one outfit for the Rack utilizing my favorites.

Burgundy coat:

Hit two trends in one by picking a pea-coat length frock coat in burgundy. I'd go for a velvet investment piece, best for evening, makes any LBD into something more interesting. Speaking of . . .

Trumpet skirt:

To better incorporate into an existing wardrobe with an eye to long term wear, I'd get one quite plain. I'd pair with a cream blouse already in my wardrobe, probubly one of the vintage lace ones.

Bib necklace:

1955  Christie’s

I like something a little asymmetrical and with a certain retro delicacy.

Burgundy lips:

Chanel Iman

Doctor's bag:

Sporty heels:

Skip go ladylike booties.

Ladylike leather:

Skip the dress and go wiht some lovely gloves instead.

Leather zipper gloves, similar

Animal print sweater:

Skip the animal print sweater and perhaps get a nice one with faux leather details. I have one like this and wear it all the time.

Menswear on woman:

With this outfit? Finish it off with a nice fedora.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.