Monday, December 10, 2012

Fall Essentials ~ The Rack Says No Sporty Heels

I am under the impression I need to reason away why this trend is so abysmal. It's just a plain old appalling look. However, I know some of you Fashionable Readers are going to jump basket-ball-like on this trend anyway, because, it can be pretty fun in a kind of cyber punk way.


Since this is a shoe, and thus has very little to do with the Rack, I'm going to present a short series of the best of a bad lot. If you're going to jump on the trend here's some This Not That options.

Pick these in beige:


Not:



Pick these in black:


Not:



Pick these in brown:


Not:


Pick these in Black & White:


Not:



Pick these in mint:


Not:


Pick these in white:


Not:


I'm hoping, Fashionable Reader, that all of this goes without saying. Let me know if you actually do buy a pair of sporty heels this season, I'd love to know what you ended up with and how your wore it.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I am loath to admit this, but at least 10 of my friends & relatives have sent me pictures of various wedge trainers and a threat to get me a pair. I love the look of many of the shoes your post, but can't wear them as I am 6'2, wear a size 12 shoe, and work in a warehouse environment so I basically live in tennis shoes. Because of my height, I rarely wear heels of any sort but have to admit I'd probably wear the wedge trainers (if they came in my size) just to trip my coworkers out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, here I thought shoes couldn't get any uglier, but these are fun to gawk at, so thank you.

    I was accused of wearing some ugly shoes back in the '90s, but they had nuthin' on these puppies. Certainly I like your suggestions better than the, uhm, athletic versions. However, I would likely break my neck if I wore any of them.

    I also don't understand the necessity of carrying flats to change into during an evening out. If one has to carry along flats then isn't one wearing the wrong shoes to begin with? Having said that, I will wear 3-inch heels for Very Special Occasions, but that's as good as it gets. Mostly I'm just anxiously awaiting a modern take on pretty, wearable shoes. How about a revival of the Louis heel?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.