Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fall Essentials ~ Retro Rack Style ~ Menswear

Another thing I've been noticing a lot of this season is women donning menswear. Don't get me wrong I adore this, very little is sexier than a woman who can carry of menswear. Case in point, Madame Lefoux.


However, it's so hard to do properly with the Rack. If you're a really curvy girl this can be as challenging as a 1920s frock.


Considering the Rack, I apply the same rules to menswear as I would to any other jacket and pant choice. So: single breasted, high stance, buttons close together, details at the neck, nipped in waist, all the things I discussed in the jacket blogs previous. Here are some steampunk takes:



Here's some vintage inspiration!





Some retro versions around and about the magazines and red carpets.

Magazine shoot; Dita Von Teese tuxedo

 Magazine add

Magazine add

Some runway versions of the menswear look.

 Chanel FW 2012



And a few modern street takes on this look.


So, in case you hadn't guessed, while I love this look I don't wear it very often. The most I do is a steampunk or equestrian take. With a blazer, ladylike blouse, jodhpurs, and riding boots.


That's all for now Fashionable Reader.


Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.