Thursday, May 9, 2013

Nova Albion Steampunk Convention ~ Fashionable Objects

Some of the pretties spotted round and about the Nova Albion steampunk convention.

 Bumbersnoot-like pin

 Rotating Nautilus Neckalce

 Gold boots

Made me think of these shoes...

 Jitterbug shoulder rider

 Key nail art

 Octopus top hats

 Crank spinning parasol

 Big rose hat

For some reason this particular convention, perhaps because of the Steampunk in Space theme, made me think of deco. I wouldn't say there is a natural link between the two but I do wear some of my deco stuff with steampunk outfits and it seems to go well.

 Gold deco brooch and earring set

 Deco hair clip

Deco pin

 Deco Necklace  Christie’s Deco (similar faux diamond $50)

Deco Van Cleef & Arpels, 1926  Bonham’s

I don't know what it is about that piece but I just love it.

And I also spotted this little jobby in the fashion blogs recently. It's not steampunk, but it's very inspiring to DIY. It could be fun to salvage and old leather camera or map case and decorate it in a similar manner.

 Givenchy star embellished minaudiere at

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.