Self in a mainly thrifted outfit:
- black straw sun hat from Goodwill (dampened and bent inside an icebox in the sun, decorated - using hot glue gun - with ribbons and fake roses flowers from a church rummage sale)
- earrings and cameo both thrifted from this amazing tiny store I found in Ohio in college, still miss it
- velvet cape is the top portion of a coat (bottom of which was stained and didn't fit)
- shirt 1970 boxy cut thrifted on Height Street, tailored in to corseted figure, blue ribbon threaded through
- skirt (gored) made from thrifted stain resistant king size bedsheets, bed ruffle attached at bottom, blue ribbon sew on
- blue ribbon found on super sale at a quilt shop, I bought everything they had in that color on the theory that I would use it to pull the whole outfit together.
- parasol new but added blue ribbon to match dress
- corset underneath is a Dark Garden custom sweetheart vic
- hoopskirt is modern crinoline (for a wedding dress I suppose) with added tablecloth padding
- underskirt made from 1980s wrap skirt with more dust ruffle edging
- bloomers made from a thrifted pair of pants with new elastic and lace edging
|1850 Damisk The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston|
|1850 Flower The Metropolitan Museum of Art|
|1850 The Metropolitan Museum of Art|
|1850-1855 The Philadelphia Museum of Art|
Hope you all had a delicious tea-filled weekend too!
~ Miss G
Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.