Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Patterned Blue Dress in San Jose

For my launch night at Hicklebee's in San Jose I wore a new dress I picked up at the Alameda Vintage Fashion Fair last month (for $10!)  Of course, I wore it last night because it went with the cover of the book. I'm just that OCD, Fashionable Reader.

I paired the dress with an H&M jacket from a while ago, it's a structured, slim fitting, tuxedo cut and it closes over the Rack. The belt is modern too. And the shoes are black characters that I attached a bow and a teapot button onto. The leather gloves and the hat are vintage. The hat is a navy straw skimmer with a cream feather detail. (I've had it forever but rarely wear it and can't remember where I got it.)

The earrings are little lapis lazuli drops, bought at a convention a few years ago.

Perhaps the dress is a little late 70s early 80s but I think it has a nice 1940s feel. The skirt is slightly pleated and the fit is great, and I love the sleeves. Best of all, it's this crush-able polyester fabric that packs like a DREAM. No wrinkles ever!

With the Hicklebee's staff.

And that was the outfit, relatively simple for me.

via theniftyfifties tumblr

More to come. I leave for Seattle tomorrow night.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. So, all I can say is: *Tumbs up!*
    Thanks for inspiration!
    Greetings from Cologne, Germany


If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.