Friday, March 28, 2014

San Diego in Kelly Green at ConDor


Kelly green. Not a color I would wear except as a retro look. But I really love this dress. I requires ironing or I woudl travel with an wear it more often.


But I do love this dress. I think it is so flattering. I suspect it of being a bridesmaid's dress, lucky bridesmaid.

By Jerry Abuan cia FB

 By Jerry Abuan


I paired it with a vintage faux gold broach and earring set that has a steampunk feel, and cream accessories.

Here's a bit of a retrospective on kelly green...

For Lord Akeldama:
1810 Vest  1810s  The Metropolitan Museum of Art
 For Mrs. Loontwill:
1872  The Victoria & Albert Museum
 For Primrose:
1902 Virot, 1902-1903  The Los Angeles County Museum of Art
 On Gail's wish list:
1940s  1stdibs.com

 1944 Swimsuit and Skirt  Cole of California, 1944  The Los Angeles County Museum of Art

1953 Sunny Harnett for the Simplicity Spring Pattern Book

1955 Hubert de Givenchy, 1955  The Victoria & Albert Museum
The last time I wore the kelly green dress at WorldCon:



Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. that swimsuit/skirt combo is interesting. i've always thought those kind of convertible clothes were.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.