Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Gold Gown & Gold Cravings

I just purchased this lovely rich gold dress from the local Vintage Fair to take to London with me. It's becoming tradition to find some new fancy gown for the Hugos (not that I attend the awards but I still like to dress up for them). 

This one was a song at $35, and packable. (And I don't want you to think I'm splurging here, I keep having to buy new dresses because my Rack will not stop growing. Sigh.) Perhaps this gown is not the most flattering thing on, but these days, at 28 JJ, nothing fits right anymore. And this, at least, fit at all.

Anyway, so I've been channeling and craving gold ever since. 

"Les Planetes" Sautoir  Line Vautrin, 1965  Christie’s


I actually have a knock off of this clutch I found at Ross for $15. I really want to use it some evening but haven't had a chance yet.

Art deco-style Form tea set by Tom Dixon

2014 Sara Weinstock diamond and rose gold starburst hoop earrings

Charlotte Olympia Handcuff Perspex clutch $1,295

 I do love Olympia's stuff, but it's always too expensive for the level of quirk.

Fan  1920s  The Metropolitan Museum of Art


Lanvin Pompons crystal tassel earrings at net-a-porter.com

Lele Sadoughi Round Slider Bracelet, Pearl $250

Necklace and Earrings  Sotheby’s

Mustache Ring  $6.99


 I want it so bad!

 Gold trench in a magazine advertisement. 

Tory Burch Liam hinge cuff at toryburch.com


A peek into my gold accessories.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.


  1. Are you a fan of eShaki? You could customize your wardrobe for The Rack.


If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.