Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Cream Lace Dress With Black In England


A little while ago I purchased this Tahari a cream lace dress at TJ Max.


It looks only a bit retro, but if fit so well I had to buy it. Nothing seems to fit these days. It also packs well, so I took it with me on my recent trip to the UK. I wore it to all three of my events, styled differently each time. 


At 9 World with a black wrap shirt from Max studio, black pumps, typewriter key earrings, and a black velvet hat with my hair slicked back. My favorite look for this dress.


In Nottingham with the same shirt underneath the dress, a bow belt, same pumps, and a flower in my hair.


And for an evening look with a beaded sweater and a black jet tassel necklace with matched earrings.

I meant to wear it with leopard sandals at some point, inspired by the following image. But the weather never permitted it.

2014 Cream & Leopard

And here are a few more ways I may style this dress in future:


2014 harpers-bazaar-fall-2014-habituallychic-003

2014 harpers-bazaar-fall-2014-habituallychic-006

A Moment of Then & Now

Then

1903  The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1958 Jayne Mansfield in her wedding dress for her marriage to Mickey Hargitay, January 13, 1958 theniftyfifties tumblr

Now


 2013 Elie Saab Couture; 2014 Naeem Khan

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I do love your sense of style (and I apologize if this shows up twice)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks lovely on you. The outfit with the cardigan is my favorite but I'm biased because I love carddigans.

    I took the plunge and got 6 eShakti dresses recently after I saw your post about them. They haven't arrived yet but I hoping for good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I'm goign to be ordering more soon. I did just learn that there is a tariff to pay on the dresses with was a bit annoying. Extra $40 I wasn't expecting.

      Delete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.