Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Teal Velvet 1960s Cocktail Dress at the Spy Museum for the Waistcoats & Weaponry Tour


For my Waistcoats & Weaponry book tour, Fashionable Reader, I tried to dress in outfits that matched my cover, and this one was my favorite. On the Sunday of World Fantasy, I escaped for the International Spy Museum. The event space was amazing (and sneaky). This dress was tagged in the shop (Real McCoy in Exeter, UK) as 1960s but it must be pretty early. It's a bit big at the waist but I don't mind as the rest of the fit is so well.


As you can see I wore it with the teardrop hat with one of my magnetic flowers to match the dress, long black satin opera gloves (vintage ~ similar $5), a collar style necklace that a friend found at the flea market for me (similar $5), my pen necklace (of course), a broach pinned at the flower at my waist, and a massive flashy octopus ring.


Look at me, remembering to take a detail shot!

While I love my green rose dress the most, this one was more comfortable and really photographed better than I thought it would.


Not a perfect match but pretty darn close!

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.