Thursday, January 8, 2015

5 Wardrobe Resolutions for 2015


May dear Fashionable Reader, holding myself accountable with a public post, here are my style resolutions for 2015.
  1.  Wear jewelry more. I have some great jewelry but in everyday life I rarely remember to wear it. I want to get better about that and really go through all my pieces to find the ones I'm not wearing and purge.
  2. Wardrobe purge. I'm thinking next fall I will hopefully have good reason to do a big clean out. I intend to be brutal. 
  3. Only purchase things I really need. I want to get better about impulse buys. 
  4. Return to thrift stores. I buy a lot at Ross, TJMax and Nordstrom Rack, but I forget how much fun thrifting is, and how much better on the pocket book.
  5. Find myself a daily style that I really like and stick to it. While my look for events is always retro I get a little rockabilly, rockers, goth, steampunk, retro, classic, preppy, equestrian in every day life. I'm getting confused, at my age it is tiem to settle on something. 

via georgetakei tumblr

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I've been the same, all mixed up, but I'm finally settling on bohemian after, well, several decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have accepted that I am in the 'yoga pants, mom of young children, stains" era of my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that I have three styles. Work: dress code that limits comfort and fashion style. Everyday: comfortable clothing that doesn't shock the locals. Costumed Rainbow Circus Freak: crazy get ups that I wear when I can get away with it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.