Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Green Eyes & Yellow Skin


I have green eyes, Fashionable Reader. OK they are kind of a muddy indifferent sort of green but I've always been oddly proud, ever since I realized it was a majorly recessive gene. Also they are the only physical trait I inherited from my maternal grandfather, the brilliant quantum physicist who I always admired.

But they are a struggle. I mean, just look at the colors I'm supposed to wear to make them pop! OK OK so I added a lot of purple to my wardrobe for the upcoming Prudence tour and I suppose I should be grateful for that. I have one coral dress. And I love deep greens, but... pale yellow?

Really. Ugh.


The problem is I have yellow skin, or yellowish skin. It makes the above colors I'm supposed to wear to make my eyes pop, a struggle against my sallow skin. Sigh, it's a good think I am always more concerned with fit.

Anyway, there it is. Fashion struggles, we all have them.

Every Question About Haute Couture You've Had But Were Too Afraid to Ask

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. I have green eyes too! I didnt realise they were recessive - now I feel quite special :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when it comes to colors skin tone trumps eye color every single time. I'm also very yellow toned and if I put on the wrong shade of yellow/orange/green it can make me look so sickly and sallow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Green eyes and difficult skin tone. Yellow makes me look like a zombie, so it's got that going for it. Greens are good if they are less kelly and more sage. Burgundy Red, magenta, pink and coral work pretty well for me. Yeah, it's a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third time trying to get my comment to post.

    Blue eyes here. Green and yellow make me look jaundiced. I also have acne rosacea so red makes me look like I have a highly contagious rash.

    Yet salespeople keep trying to force me to wear these two colors. I'll stick to purples, dark blues, and blacks please!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.