Thursday, April 23, 2015

Interviewing Myself About Fashion

I have a fashion weakness for:
leather and cashmere.

My three most treasured fashion items are: 
my day bag, my investment coat, my corsets.

andwomenworebloomers-tumblr Description- A decollete restaurant gown profusely ornamented with sequins, with short puffed sleeves, Swiss belt, floral corsage & bell shaped trained skirt.     N.B hat.     Date- 1904

I will never throw out my: 
floor length leather jacket, first custom corset, romantically gifted jewelry.

My style icons growing up were: 
Madonna and Prince.

My last big splurge was: 
a cashmere blanket cardigan, draped robe style, warm and luxurious and on sale but really not necessary for a California girl. Since then, however, I have lived in it on every flight.

My favorite app is: 
Stylebook. It has no cloud back up though, so when my phone died I was in crisis. I ended up buying an iPad specifically so I could better use this app, I am that addicted. Sigh. Playing with Stylebook is my happy place.

On my to watch fashion TV list is: 
the last season of Project Runway.

Would someone please invent: 
a made-to-order custom luggage site where I can send off my favorite bag and have them make me a new more durable version in the colors of my choosing.

My beloved shoes

My beauty must haves include:
liquid pen liner, color stay lipstick, shellac manicures, vanilla perfume, coconut body butter, tinted under eye cream, mascara, facial cloths, electric toothbrush, glide comfort floss, Vaseline lip care

One of my favorite childhood fashion memories is: 
the smell of this one aunt of mine: she wore the most expensive perfume with vanilla overtones, I've been convinced ever since of two things: one should always make an effort to smell amazing and I, personally, want to smell like desert at all times.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.