Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lust Objects ~ Art Deco Interior Design


This blog is mainly a style blog with a focus on Rack friendly clothing, Fashionable Reader. But occasionally I hope you will indulge my other passion, interior design. I blogged earlier about how I love Deco style probably because of P.G. Wodehouse, likely also influenced by my passionate adoration for the Jeeves & Wooster TV show. Here are a few stills from the NY part of the show.


 Look at this bed with the built in side tables. And that lamp is classic deco.


Archie art deco-inspired table lamp at BHS


Here's the dining room from the NY set:


And the living room:




Maybe it's all the cream and chrome with the splash of dark wood that I love so much. That's always been my preferred aesthetic. Impossible to live in, of course. Which I why I only did my office that way.

Almost more fun is the set of the transatlantic liner that Wooster takes between NY and London:


Look at the couch, eee!

Here are some other Deco influenced interiors and some objects to go with.

All interiors unless otherwise stated are via Freshome
Deco Doormat

1960s G Plan Astro coffee table
I adore those chairs.

Alfie art deco-style table lamp at BHS

Deco Cushion

Bridge in San Antonio

Deco Breeze Penguin Figurine Fan


Gloriously Glamorous from Thom Filicia
restored-vintage-radio-6

via thefabulousweirdtrotters tumblr—Interior production still for the film Pleasure Crazed circa 1929

via thestudenttailor-tumblr Art Deco elegance. 

Retro Rack is also on Facebook, where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can also visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.

quotes Gail likes


“Lady Maccon.”
“By George, Boots! How the deuce can you possibly tell that there is Lady Maccon?” queried the other top-hated gentleman.
“Who else would be standing in the middle of a street on full-moon night with a raging ruddy fire behind her, waving a parasol about?”
“Good point, good point.” —Gail Carriger


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.