Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Post Surgery Part II ~ Dresses That Surprised Me By Still Fitting


So a number of my dresses still fit fine, Fashionable Reader. In fact, most of my truly vintage stuff looks better WITH the new rack.

With my old Uber Rack I had to buy things with a bit of stretch, or panel in to hide major cleavage (which is now no longer necessary). So the old investment pieces all still fit fine (or better) without any need to tailor down. The exception is my teal 1960s velvet dress, which was always too big everywhere but the Rack. So I shall see about trying to pull it in along the side seams.


However, a few dresses that I really thought would not fit (or not look right anymore) turned out great. Which was a pleasant surprise. Here they are...
 
Blue 1940s (1970s) blowsy flowered.


This is a 1970s piece that has a 1940s vibe to it. It's that sort of material that never wrinkles and is incredibly light, so it's perfect for travel. With the New Rack it actually falls better, won't require a belt, and looks so much more 1940s. I'm thrilled.

A number of my tops now have more of a 1940s look than a 1950s look, possibly because my figure has changed to reflect that.


Both of these now look way more 1940s. I'm excited and pleased.

The other dress that really surprised me with how well it still fit was my eShakti custom coral lace.


Can you believe it? I mean I dropped at least 10 cup sizes! The under-slip looks different over the Rack, it sort of arches up, but the dress is stretchy enough to still fit. I'm delighted. It still needed hemming, but that's done so this one is good to go ~ yay!

I know, I know, pictures to come of what they look like now. I'm just low energy and low makeup right now—not fit for public consumption while still recovering. The bags under my eyes have bags, it ain't pretty.

Retro Rack is also on Facebook, where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can also visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.

6 comments:

  1. That's great news, and I'm sure it's very cheering to you to be able to wear your pretties again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through what you're going through, but over 15 years ago. I've never been the fashionista that you so fabulously are, but my first joy was purchasing beautiful brassieres that didn't look like Sherman tanks (and didn't cost as much either).

    I'm looking forward to reading all about life with your new rack (and I mean than in a totally non-creepy way). Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through what you're going through, but over 15 years ago. I've never been the fashionista that you so fabulously are, but my first joy was purchasing beautiful brassieres that didn't look like Sherman tanks (and didn't cost as much either).

    I'm looking forward to reading all about life with your new rack (and I mean than in a totally non-creepy way). Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a reduction?! My friend did years ago and it save her back!

    You look marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are in SF. If so, head to Parklane Cleaners on 1st Street near Market. Yvonne is a master at resizing clothes. Tell her I sent you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.