Thursday, July 30, 2015

Post Surgery Part III ~ Dresses that Don't Fit Anymore


A few of the dresses I thought would still fit surprised me by not fitting anymore, Fashionable Reader.


This lavender number was one of those. Sadly it's the whole style that no longer looks good, and isn't something I could tailor, or really have any interest in doing so. It's just an inexpensive little number I got at Ross.

These two eShakti's are also going away entirely. Either on consignment or off to friends. I do love that color block number, but they are both made of the same fabric and that fabric does NOT travel well. If they don't sell or get taken by friends I might think about trying to tailor (depending on cost) and keep, but at this juncture it's unlikely.


I'm waiting to try on all the rest of the eShakti's. I'll decide whether to tailor or dispose of at that point. Most I can't try on now because they are too hard to get into and out of. Regardless, I won't know my final breast size for at least a year and I can't wear a proper under-wire bra for six months. Both have to be ready before getting anything tailored (I think I'll go professional on this) to ensure I get the correct fit.

Speaking of eShakti I will likely still order from them once I have my new measurements, even though I should be able to buy off the rack size 6 at that point.  It's the sleeves, you see. Being able to add on sleeves and change necklines is really important to me, and other sites and places that sell retro dresses (like Modcloth) all too often have them sleeveless. That said, I am likely to buy eShakti less often now, because I will go back to purchasing real vintage when I can. The prices are commensurate, and the real deal really is better when possible.

So for now, my current remaining wardrobe will certainly extend to my upcoming events, just expect to see me in a lot of real vintage. I'm looking forward to visiting my old friends. I may even dig about in storage for a few I put aside because I thought they would never fit again but couldn't part with for sentimental reasons.


This is so exciting!

Retro Rack is also on Facebook, where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can also visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.

4 comments:

  1. I may even dig about in storage for a few I put aside because I thought they would never fit again but couldn't part with for sentimental reasons.

    i hope you find all kinds of great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there a war on sleeves right now anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to post yesterday but it was lost the a vast chasm of tcp/ip void.

    I had a reduction in 1990 and was super happy with the results. Being able to buy bras and clothes from actual real-world stores was life changing. I found over the several months post-surgery that my waist, hips and thighs redistributed as well. I'm not sure if this was mechanical as the 'work' of carrying the weight of my chest changed, or if there was something else going on.

    If I were to guess, I'd imagine you have your measuring tape out to see before and afters - don't forget to include all those other measurements. Data is as beautiful as a lovely dress with proper foundation garments!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.