Thursday, December 3, 2015

Gifts for the Retro Girl In Your Life ~ AKA Things Gail Loves & Covets

This gift list might well be titled: things Gail Carriger loves, wants, and covets. Here we go!

Handmade "Sweet Berries" Spa Bath Bombs ($25) ~ OK how much do I want it to look like tea in the bathtub? (There is also a chocolate version.)

Cherries business card holder ($7).

Double Layer Shower Cap Shower ($7.50).

Cateyes Vintage Inspired Sunglasses ($10) multiple colors.

Patent Croc Skin Embossed Party Clutch ($11). Comes in multiple colors, has chain strap so can be carried over shoulder if needed.

Feather Polyester with a Clip and Brooch Fascinator ($13). Multiple other colors. I have the pale grey and I LOVE it.

Silk Red Rose Square Head Scarves ($14). I like this size for a head scarf.

Red all day lip color. Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick - Grand Garnet ($15).

Kimono Robe Short Style ($15).

Crochet Short Gloves ($16). Also comes in cream and white.

Necklace pen in silver ($17) or gold ($19). I own both and wear them constantly. Standard gel refills. 

Feather & Mesh Fascinator ($20). Many other colors.

Pure Fiji Pedicure Box-Coconut ($28). This is wonderful for after a long day in high heels.

Octopus T-Shirt in red ($17). This is a man's shirt (I prefer men's - they have better sleeves and higher necks) and I love the bright red color. They seem to run a bit short, which I also like. I perfer my T-shirts don't go down over my butt in the modern manner. Also comes in grey and blue.

Stunning black and red umbrella with leather handle from Kung Fu Smith ($35).

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot Eau de Toilette Spray, 1 fl. oz. ($32). This is my favorite perfume of all time.

Spendy option: Faux Fox Fur Double Layers Cape ($50). I have this in brown and I really love it. It's so flattering and so lush and so vintage looking. I always get compliments and it works as a kind of blanket when flying as well. Comes in brown, black, cherry red and black, wine, and blue.

Why do I love this cape so much? It's pretty timeless. Or should I say timefull? See comment below my guess is this fits anything from size 4-16. Very stretchy.

Magasin des Demoiselles Wednesday, October 1, 1862 Item ID-  v. 43, plate 1

 Godeys Aug 1872 Mantle

Coat  Peggy Hoyt, 1933  The Detroit Historical Museums Costume Collection

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can also visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.


  1. How big would you say the shawl is? I have a friend who would love it, but she's rather chesty, and the photo you have of you wearing it has it pulled back behind you, and Amazon doesn't have measurements.

    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    2. Well it is quite stretchy. It fit me when I was a size 10 top, easily. And I would say it stretches up to at least twice my size now and I am a, hum, 38" at the chest? So, perhaps to about size 14-16, although I won't swear on how it would drape at that juncture, it would still technically fit. It's very forgiving. It has a single large hook/eye closure over the chest (like a single breasted blazer), I added an extra hook tucked into the collar so I could wear it crossed over (like a double breasted blazer) and asymmetrical for a more modern look. Armholes are large and also stretchy.

  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.