Thursday, August 4, 2016

Imprudence Tour Outfit ~ Red Trumpet Skirt in Texas


For the first two stops of my Imprudence Book tour I wore my new red trumpet skirt. I know, the same skirt, 2x in a row! But you see, Fashionable Reader, 10 stops in 10 days, carry-on only, will limit even my choices of outfit, especially with the impossible heat.

Sorry I didn't note the source, but I think it was on Instagram.

with Valerie & Shannon (via Valerie on FB)

For both Texas events I wore my new red Power Broker- 30s Vintage Style Retro Double Button Skirt $30 (also comes in black). I own the size small (and I run size 4-6 on my lower half). It fits beautifully. This was its first major outing and it was GREAT. It travels like a dream, hardly any wrinkles (taking it into the steamy bathroom while I showered dealt with those). It also washed well out the other side (cold water delicate and a line dry and it looked as good as new).


For both events I paired it with a tiny red bow headband (modern, dying, can't find a good replacement but I'm thinking of something like this), red beaded necklace set (one is vintage the other modern, similar single strand $13, similar earrings $8, similar set $24), obligatory pen necklace (modern replica, $18), and a pair of Via Spiga suede sandals that I got about 10 years ago (no longer available, similar pumps $20-50).


In Houston I paired it with a stretch velvet 1940s style sleeveless top. This was originally a dress from Ross but I cannibalized it into a blouse and I wear it all the time. I adore it. It looks better in person.


In Austin I wore the red skirt with my cherry top. I got this one overseas, I want to say Germany or France, although I think it's a UK brand. Paid too much for it but I've certainly got my money's worth. Here's something in the same pattern if not cut, $34.

 via Elizabeth on Facebook (thank you!)


More tour outfits to come!

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.