Tuesday, August 30, 2016

WorldCon 2016 in a Blue & Cream 1950s Day Dress


For the first night of WorldCon I wore my new purple dress from the previous blog. But for the first offical day of the convention I wore this favorite vintage 1950s blue and white day dress.


It has a cute little jacket too, but I didn't get a picture of it at this event. Here it is at Comic Con, 4 years ago pre-reack-reduction.


Believe it or not I weigh less in these Comic Con photos, just goes to show what a little less boob will do for a girl's figure. Now where was I?


So I am wearing it with a little flower hair band (similar $18), faux pearl set (similar $10), vintage white leather gloves (similar $29), and some Mia nomad flats (discontinued, similar $23).

A Historical Retrospective on Blue & White

For Lord Akeldama

1760s  The Victoria & Albert Museum

For Sophronia


1853-1854 Blue FLower  The FIDM Museu

For Monique


c.1860      United States      MET

For Dimity


Bodice  1865-1866  Musée Galliera de la Mode de la Ville de Paris 

For Agatha



1868 Robe à Transformation   Kerry Taylor Auctions2

For Ivy


1872  The Kyoto Costume Institute

For Prudence


Afternoon Dress 1903 s  Jacques Doucet  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

For Primrose


1905 Summer Day Dress  The Victoria & Albert Museum

For Gail


Clip Brooches  Raymond Yard, 1935  Christie’s

Glamorous 1950’s Dress.  Glamorous❤Vintage❤Soul tumblr

2013 Elie-Saab-Couture-Oblivion-Moscow-Premiere

"A great variety of bright colours is only suited to a carpet. For a dress, two are quite sufficient."
~ The Ladies' Guide to True Politeness and Perfect Manners or, Miss Leslie's Behaviour Book
by Eliza Leslie (1864)



Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw you in 2010, I thought you had a great figure even though you were wearing what an aunt of mine would have worn. Maybe because of it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.