Thursday, September 1, 2016

WorldCon 2016 in a Gold eShakti Dress with Tassel Jewelry

So this was the first eShakti dress that I purchased after the Rack Reduction. It's a little bit big and I need to work on the measurements that I give them if/when I order from them again.

I ordered this just after the holiday season because I love the fabric. It's better in person but it has a peacock component with blues and pinks within the gold.  It's no loner available. It came with a sash belt and pockets (!) and I had the neckline altered to a wide V and short sleeves added because I wanted it to look more 1950s like this:

Party dress, 1950s via shewhoworshipscarlin tumblr

I'm wearing it with short beaded cotton gloves (because of the heat in Kansas City) similar $15 in satin.

The multi-colored hair flower is a gift (similar $10) and the shoes are modern MJ almond toe pumps (similar $30). I love them but they are wicked painful. The tassel necklace is a modern jet piece that I love (similar $17). I got it from Dark Garden years ago. I have a THING about tassel jewelry.

Tassel Jewelry a Retrospective

Watch Fob  1850  Lang Antiques
Pendant  1910  Bonham’s

Brooch  Cartier, 1920s  Christie’s

1920s Necklace

Brooch  Cartier, 1925  Christie’s

Diamond and Pearl Necklace  Sterlé, 1955  Christie’s

2014 via 13 Amazing It-Bags to Seriously Invest in for Fall and Beyond on

2016 Saint Laurent Lolita tassel choker at

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.