Tuesday, September 6, 2016

WorldCon 2016 in a Polkadotted Skirt, Black Top, and Tilted Hat

So for the next day at WorldCon I wore this old favorite yellow skirt with black dots. It's Max Studio and if I had to buy a new one I'd get something like this instead $20 white with black dots, high waisted. I think it'd fit better in my wardrobe. 

The shirt actually started life as a vintage 1960s black linen pencil dress and I cannibalized it into a peplum blouse. Dress looked a lot like this originally. 

Maggy Rouff  1950s  Vintage Fashion INC

I'm wearing these two pieces with steampunk earrings (similar $20), pen necklace (here $18), and flat aerosole sandals to save my feet (here $40). I also added a tilted teardrop hat. You can follow my adventure dyeing this hat here

I love this hat but it is hard to travel with so you don't see me in it often. Here's a bit of a sample of other tilted hats...

1872  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

1943  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

2014 Ralph-Russo

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.