Tuesday, October 11, 2016

What did Gail wear at Gaslight Gathering in San Diego? Part 1 Grey


On the first day of Gaslight Gathering last weekend (which, for me, was Friday) I wore my new grey outfit. This one is a work in progress.


The Corset is from Dark Garden, it's one of their Alyscia line. This is one of my favorite patterns that Dark Garden does, and you'll see me in a different colored Alyscia later on at the convention. The busk covers are from Ruby Blackbird.

By Alex WHite

The top is an old Max Studio black chiffon number (similar $22), the hat is here for $15 and highly recommended, because of the material it travels beautifully and it has a nice strong clip (rather than comb) which means it stays in my hair. (Most of my tiny top hats have combs from when my hair was long, and they really do not work well with sort hair. Gonna have to over-make them.)



The skirt is Rainy Night in London Victorian Gothic Ruffle Steampunk Vintage Style and runs about $60. It is super LONG and high wasted. Like if you are in the 6" arena this skirt could still fit you. It also comes in black, and in black or red brocade. If you are shorter than my 5'6" tho, it'll be too long and you'll have to remove the bottom ruffle.

It's a bit of a darker grey than I like for this corset so right now I've plans to mod it with lighter grey and black trim at the hem and on the ruffles, to make them stand out and to go better with the corset.

Wearing this outfit I ran into Alexia!


That's a darn near perfect replica of the second manga cover.


I'm generally moving my steampunk outfits into the hour-glass aesthetic (while I can still carry it off), mostly because pencil and fish-tail skirts are easier to pack than the full fluffy ones and require less ironing after a flight!

More outfits to come!

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.