Hello, my dear Fashionable Readers!
So at one point I myself dressed up as my own character, Madame Lefoux. In honor of the release of Romancing the Inventor I'm giving away the outfit that I wore!
It's a size 4-6. Definitely the smaller end of 6. So if you aren't around that size (or want to give it to someone who is) please don't play along. I'm sorry, I know, but it's what I have.
So what can you win?
I'm giving away:
- 1930s grey wool blend women's riding suit. It has a long, 3-pocket jacket, and tight, high-wasted, jodhpur-style trousers with reinforced inner knee area. I am 5"7' and the pants are quite short on me (by design). I mention this so shorter ladies realized they would not have to tailor them. (People who might want to enter so they can resell, you should be warned that this suit has some damage that will drastically reduce resale value. So, uh, don't bother? Please leave if for my fans who really want to cosplay.)
- Tan stripped pussycat bow blouse.
- The boots, gloves, and vest are not included.
The suit has been repaired in several areas due to moth holes (that's the reason it became a costume piece). Here's one similar from a museum collection.
|Riding habit, 1920-30 via shewhoworshipscarlin tumblr|
Not pictured but included are:
- Pocket square
- A signed copy of Romancing the Inventor
- Signed wrap cover art of Heartless
- Brian Kesinger octopus training books
- Small paper parasol
- Madame Lefoux's business card
- Steampunk octopus necklace & earrings
- Assorted Gail Carriger swag
- Fake mustaches!
To enter fill in this form here and comment with your favorite scene from Romancing the Inventor, and please join my newsletter, if you aren't already on it.
You have until November 30!
Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.