Thursday, May 18, 2017

Gail Carriger In Cream Lace Steampunk Worlds Fair


For some reason this is a really hard outfit to get a good photo of, Gentle Reader. Probably all that cream.


I've worn it several times in various different iterations (I have a cream lace skirt with a train for indoor only events, and a beautiful brocade over-skirt REALLY for indoor only) but this is my travel lace skirt version.

Outfit Breakdown:

* Leather flower hairband with additional pearl decoration added by me (similar $10)
* Lacey shrug from Newport News a million years ago (similar only with more steampunk, so cute $6-11)
* Double breasted corset from Dark Garden, highly customized based off their classic Victorian style but super modified. Autumn would make you one similar but take this picture to show her. I also had her custom make me matching wrist corsets. Back when I was working for her as a lacer I started to get some carpel tunnel, these helped and were cute.
* Crochet neckline under blouse is vintage, here's one sort-of similar for $20
* Pearl vintage looking jewelry set, similar $19
* Necklace watch brass $8
* Long stretch lace skirt found at Ross or similar years ago, similar $19


I like to wear cream at steampunk events as lighter colors are less well represented.

Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing outfit, Gail! You have some rather wonderful clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing outfit, Gail! You have some rather wonderful clothes!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.