Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Gail Carriger in 1950s Retro Red Pedal Pushers and Leopard


For the second day of San Diego Comic Con I wore my coolest outfit (literally and figuratively). For this one I went pure pin up.


I like red and leopard together, but then I love red, so... Leopard is so very versatile.

Here is another way to do Leopard, although, not in Canada. (One gets mistaken for local comedic talent, as it turns out.)


And here is the last time I wore red and leopard together, on the Sword & Laser podcast & video.


Right, now where was I? Oh yes... Comic Con.


Outfit Breakdown

  • Turban style hat. I've gotten really into these lately and am planning on buying more (I already have red, white, and leopard). They come in quite a range of colors, styles, fabrics, and prices, this one is $8. I want to try one of the ones with a bow next.
  • I paired it with a leopard flower hair clip (similar $8).
  • Steampunk earrings (similar $17).
  • Red sunnies $9 (they seem out of the red, but the red and black are killer). 
  • I'm wearing the Bumbersnoot necklace from Badali jewelry that they SOLD OUT at Comic Con. There are more on their website, $23-48 depending on material. (I'm currently giving one away to a lucky winner via my newsletter, The Chirrup.)
 

Next up, more from Comic Con!

Retro Rack is also on Facebook and Pinterest where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

You can visit the following shopping lists: Travel Dork, My Steampunk, My Wardrobe.
Product links on this blog are usually to Amazon using my associate code. At no additional cost to you this means I gets a slight kick back if you make a purchase. Thank you! This allows me to continue to produce this blog without sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using LJ to comment, it may not work.